Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Grey Pottery Barn Inspired Dresser

Y'all, this dresser started it all.  This was the beginning of Fisherman's Wife Furniture.






It was the very first piece I purchased with the purpose to flip.  My husband challenged me to do a quick makeover and see if I could sell it on Craigslist.  Within a few days of posting, I received this email.




She bought the dresser and became my new friend.  We laugh and joke about how we met on Craigslist.  :)

I couldn't find the before pictures of this dresser.  To be honest, I am not sure if I took any.  It was the generic wood stain with brassy pulls.

The goal was to give the dresser a facelift that would appeal to the Craigslist shopper.  Black, white and cream are always good sellers but they are very popular so I went with a dark grey with black pulls.

It now lives in my friend's guest room.





This dresser and friendship also brought on my first custom job.  My friend had a desk for the room and she wanted me to paint it to match the dresser.  I don't have any pictures of it.  Before or after.  None.  We are talking about 2 years ago y'all.  Me making extra money with a hobby while teaching.  Not turning the hobby into my passion and full time job.  I was not thinking about taking tons of pictures back then.  It really is amazing how much has changed in 2 years.  :)

Here is the desk now living in the guest room with the dresser.






So pretty!  I can't wait to be in New Orleans in a few months to refinish a dresser for her nursery!!!!



 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png
 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png

No comments:

Post a Comment